Join.me is an internet based web meeting software. The good thing about join.me is that is toes not require any software installation. Simply click on the link from the tech support team or just go to join.me/wachsmeetings directly and wait for the meeting to start.
If you want the tech team to control your mouse and type you will have to download the Join.me desktop app prior to your meeting but this is not required. If you do not have the app then just go to: https://www.join.me/apps and install the app. You should not need admin rights to do the install.
If you have the app installed it is always better to join the meeting using the app instead of your web browser because you can only let the tech control your mouse and type using the app.
The first steps, (Steps 1-9) will start out assuming you are going to join the meeting just using your web browser. Steps 10 through the end of this training guide will show you how to install the app and allow the tech to control your computer using the app.
1. To have your meeting you will either get a meeting link emailed to you or your tech support person will tell you to go to join.me/wachsmeetings All you have to do is go to your web browser and type in join.me/wachsmeetings to start the process of joining the meeting. Type in your name and click the "Notify" button.
2. After you click notify there will be a note at the top of the E.H. Wachs box telling you to hang tight until the tech lets you into the meeting.
3. Once the tech lets you into the meeting you will see circles representing who is in the meeting or you might see the tech's screen if they decide to share their screen with you. You are now in the meeting.
If you don't want the tech to take control of your computer then just go to the next step, (Step #4). If you are going to want the tech to take control of your machine then go to: (Step #99)
4. Click the computer option to choose to use your computer speakers as the audio device for the call.
5. If you want to share your screen with the tech click on the green circle with the three dots to expand the drop-down then click on the "Let me share my screen" option.
6. You will get a notification that the tech needs to approve it first.
7. Once the tech approves a pop-up will show up allowing you to choose what screen to share. Select "Your entire screen" and click on the picture of your screen. After you click on the picture of your screen the "Share" button will turn blue and you can click on it.
8. You are now sharing your screen as shown by the pop-up note that will appear towards the bottom of your screen.
9. When it comes time to end your meeting click on the circle with three dots to expand the drop-down then click on "End meeting".
If you want the tech to take control of your computer then use the following steps shown below starting with (Step 10).
10. Click on the circle with the 3 dots to open a drop-down menu. Within the drop-down menu select "Share mouse control". Not only will this allow the tech to use your mouse but they will be able to type as well.
11. A pop-up window will show up asking you to get the app. Click on the "GET THE APP" button.
12. The Join.me app will start to download. The download will show up int he bottom left of your screen. Once it is done downloading, double-click on it to install the app.
13. After you double-click on the download the text by the download will say "Opening" to let you know your computer is opening the file.
14. Once the App file opens you will see a join.me black box appear on your screen. This box is the join.me App. You are going to want to close out of the meeting from your web browser and join the meeting from the App. The tech can only control your computer if you join the meeting through the app. use the "X" in the top right corner of your web broweser to close out of the meeting, don't worry you will re-join the meeting in the next step through the app.
15. You can now re-join the meeting using the app that you just installed. Type in "wachsmeetings" and click the green arrow to join the meeting.
16. Type in your name and click "Join" to re-join the meeting
17. Pop-up will let you know you are waiting for the presenter to let you into the meeting
18. When you see circles with initials or the presenters screen you will know you are in the meeting
19. Turn on your audio settings for the meeting so you can hear and so people can hear you. Click on the speaker icon then select "Computer" from the drop down to use your computer microphone and computer speakers for the meeting.
20. Request to share your screen from the tech
21. After you make the request you will get a pop-up telling you that you are waiting for the tech to approve your request and let you take over the presenter role.
22. Click on the monitor icon and then select the "Share screen" option to share your screen
23. Select which screen you want to share by clicking anywhere on the screen you want to share
24. In order to share your mouse control and allow the tech to type on your computer click on the circle with 3 dots and then select "Share mouse control".
25. To stop letting the tech control your computer click on the mouse icon with the "x"
26. You can exit the meeting at any time by clicking on the monitor icon and then clicking on "exit the meeting"